Basketball is a simple sport. It is a team sport. So it's obvious and ugly when you try to play it and you haven't played together before. Haha. That's what happened at igames today. You know it's bad when you're in the game, and one guy thinks he's playing zone defence, and another thinks he's playing man-to-man. Understanding takes time to develop, e.g. knowing how your team-mate likes the ball to be passed, knowing when he will shoot so you can go for the rebound, etc. Yeah and I was brought up in a bball culture where defence is emphasised more than scoring, so I still am not a good scorer. Darn. Too bad it's the flashy stuff that people see and cheer for. Hah. But I have never cared because basketball is a team sport. It is a simple game.
Appreciation. Acknowledging that someone has done something that he/she need not have, and being thankful for it.
Singapore Day!
Appreciation. Acknowledging that someone has done something that he/she need not have, and being thankful for it.
Singapore Day!
Saturday, October 04, 2008